Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Help When You Need It!

It's been a while...been busy with moving, but in moving I have learned once again the small miracles manifest in the Church.

I injured my arm (minor injury, but put my work as a sign language interpreter in jeopardy) last week and I hesitated to unpack boxes and move stuff around worried that I would exacerbate it.  I happened to mention this to a friend at church and he offered to help with our unpacking.  I told him I would call him.  The next evening I received a call from another member of our Ward (local concregation) offering to organize members of the Elder's Quorum (a group of men designed to serve other members) and come over and help move boxes, and whatever else I needed.

Last night, six of them showed up and I was able to get some help doing things that would have had to wait another month until this little injury completely healed.

Two of them gave me a Priesthood blessing and today, the pain is noticeably less than expected.

"...by small and simple things are great things brought to pass..."  Alma  37:6

I am sure I will have the chance to return the favor.

1 comment:

RAC III said...

cOLBY, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO WRITE SOMETHING NEW? lET ME KNOW.